Today’s my birthday! Bit of a short issue this week as a result, but lots of interesting outages.
These terms are not interchangeable. Learn about the ins and outs of fault tolerance to highlight the differences between the two concepts.
What caught my eye in this article: AIIMS, the Australasian InterService Incident Management System. It’s the equivalent of the Incident Management System (IMS) in the US.
- Facebook Messenger
- AWS EC2 (us-east-1 and us-east-2)
- AWS had a power outage in one of the datacenters that makes up one of the availability zones in us-east-1, causing some instances and services to go offline. Separately, they had a network (transit) failure in us-east-2.
- Philips Hue (smart light bulbs)
- Hot on the heels of the MasterCard outage a couple of weeks ago, Visa suffered an outage.
- Heroku had a series of outages: